JUST *HOW* MANY FUCK-UPS CAN ONE SINGLE NATION CAUSE?
It’s almost as if the United States wants an entry in the Guinness Book of World Records.
The number of entries could well run into double figures in fact. It would depend only on the number of categories created.
1. World Record for number of countries attacked/invaded contrary to international law: USA
2. World Record for blowing most number of civilians into tiny bloody pieces: USA
3. World Record for number of countries undermined through assassinations & coups: USA
4. World Record for number of lies told prior to attacking & invading nations: USA
5. World Record for widest reach of propaganda through media worldwide: USA
6. World Record for killing most civilians in shortest time (Hiroshima/Nagasaki): USA
7. World Record for using mental patients and prison inmates for experimentation: USA
8. World Record for comprehensive genocide of a native population & in shortest time: USA
9. World Record for using most slaves with least conscience for longest time possible: USA
10. World Record for dominating the world for longest duration despite all the above: USA
And, though there will never be such a category, the World Record for being responsible for so many criminally heinous acts and yet perpetually talking of itself as the bringer of naive sweetness and light, the epitome of decent values, plus freedom and democracy for all.
Records for hypocrisy, criminality, state terrorism, pornography, drug addiction, corporate and political corruption, murders by police, racism and many more would be falling again and again in our alternate book of world records... all certainly “won” by the USA.
But the most significant World Record of all would undoubtedly be the last to be listed here.
The record for the longest time one nation can cause this many criminal acts, war crimes, campaigns of unconscionable slaughter, destabilization, destruction and all in all the most evil acts by a single nation and litany of perpetual fuck-ups and still portray itself as a nation imbued with exceptional purity of intent and the right, in perpetuity, to judge all others.
It must surely be that this last World Record will never, ever, be beaten.